Wednesday, May 02, 2007

McGibbon warns of further Sinn Féin incursions

Uladh organiser of Ógra Shinn Féin this week warned Bertie Ahern of further incursions by Sinn Féin members into the 26 counties ahead of the May 24th poll.
Johnny McGibbon said,
“As Uladh organiser I am rallying activists so to speak for yet another 'incursion' into the 26 Counties for electioneering and canvassing in order to return the strongest Sinn Féin team into Leinster house.’
‘Bertie Ahern according to a report in a Newspaper said he wasn’t worrying by what he called Sinn Féin imports, well I can confirm that there will be no let up in the ‘imports’. Indeed I can confirm I have been to the 26 Counties on numerous occasions in the recent past canvassing for various candidates. In fact this has included a visit to Berties own constituency.’
‘But I suppose this is one of many advantages of having an all Ireland party and not paying just lip service to the national question.’

No comments: